Many D3dx10_41.dll errors are triggered due to two major problems that I’ll explain in more details in the following post. By the end of the post I’ll talk about two actions that you need to take in order to resolve most of the errors related to this dll file.
This dll is part of your Microsoft DirectX software.
Most Windows based games utilize DirectX and other advanced graphics and multimedia based programs.
Common known problems
Since this file is part of DirectX which is utilized by most PC games, errors with this file are mostly common among PC games users. The main problem is when starting a game – it simply won’t start, and instead, a Windows error shows up telling you that: This application has failed to start because d3dx10_41.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. Other users encounter problems with the graphic display and with their audio.
The causes to this error
(1) Incompatible or corrupt drivers – usually, invalid audio and video related drivers.
(2) The dll itself might be missing/corrupt/incompatible.
(1) Update all your graphics and audio related drivers
This is a common cause to D3dx10_41.dll errors – one or several of those drivers are invalid (incompatible, corrupt, too old) and need to be immediately replaced with their latest, compatible, and official versions. Here is a little tip that’ll help you to detect and replace those invalid drivers:
(1) Download this drivers scanner
(2) Let it detect and diagnose all your installed drivers
(3) Wait until it finishes scanning…
(4) Open the Drivers section
(5) See which drivers are flagged as invalid – replace them!
(6) Restart Windows
(2) Update your DirectX installation
To complete the D3dx10_41.dll errors repair simply download the latest DirectX installation from Microsoft. After finishing installing it, simply restart Windows. By the end of these two steps you should no longer encounter these errors.