The D3dx9_39.dll missing error occurs mostly when playing PC games. The following quick repair guide explains the source of this error and the necessary steps required in order to repair it. Follow the steps provided here and you’ll be able to get rid of this error.
The name of the file ‘turns it in’ – it is part of Microsoft DirectX.
Microsoft’s DirectX technology was designed to enhance the performance of multimedia-rich applications, especially PC games.
Common known problems
Malfunctions and crashes while trying to run PC games. Common error message: This application has failed to start because d3dx9_34.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
The causes to this error
(1) The file doesn’t exist in your system – it is missing!
(2) The file exists, but it is either corrupt or incompatible
(3) You’re using incompatible, obsolete, or corrupt audio and/display drivers
(1) Reinstall DirectX
This should handle any ‘missing’ or compatibility issues with this dll.
Download and install the latest DirectX installation from Microsoft’s site.
(2) Check your display and audio drivers – are they valid?
Invalid audio related or display related drivers might trigger the D3dx9_39.dll missing error and cause various other problems (might even crash Windows). You need to check their validity and replace them if required.
How to check the validity of your drivers:
(1) Download the following drivers scanner
(2) Let it scan your system and detect invalid drivers
(3) Open the Drivers section
(4) Are your audio related and display related drivers valid?
(5) If NOT – replace them immediately!
(6) Are there any other invalid drivers?
(7) If YES – I highly recommend you to replace them as well
(8) Restart Windows