Difxapi.dll errors usually show up due to two reasons that I’ll explain in the following post. The error may show up in various situations. By the end of the post I’ll provide you with two helpful tools that’ll enable you to detect and repair the source of the error. Hope you’ll find it useful.
This file is part of Windows OS – it is “Driver Install Frameworks for API library module”. As you can already understand, this file enables you to install third party drivers.
There are various reported problems related to this dll; most of the problems usually occur right after installing or updating Windows OS and right after installing third party device drivers.
The causes to these errors
As I mentioned in the beginning there are usually two reasons:
(1) Difxapi.dll might be missing, corrupt, or incompatible.
(2) You’re using an incompatible, corrupt, or outdated device driver(s) (graphics related in many cases).
(1) Check the validity of this dll – repair it if necessary
Windows OS contains a great repair tool called: System File Checker – it scans and checks the validity of all your system files. Should the Difxapi.dll errors show up due to a problem with this dll, Windows SFC (System File Checker) will fix it.
(2) Check the validity of all your device drivers – replace invalid drivers
One of your device drivers might be outdated, incompatible, or damaged. You need to check the validity of all your device drivers and then update any invalid drivers.
To check the validity of your device drivers do the following:
(1) Download this drivers diagnostics tool
(2) Run a comprehensive drivers diagnostics
(3) Wait for the final Drivers report
(4) See which drivers are indicated as invalid
(5) Update those drivers with their latest official and compatible versions
(6) Restart Windows
By following these two steps you should no longer encounter any Difxapi.dll errors.