There are two ways that I know of that enable you to track down the source of a Iphlpapi.dll error and repair it. In this post I’ll provide more details about this error, explain why it occurs, and finally provide two tips that’ll enable you to get rid of it.
IP Helper API – this important dll file is part of Microsoft Windows OS.
Errors with this file are mostly related to the performance and installation of networking and instant messaging based programs. Problems related to this dll usually trigger the following error messages: Procedure entry point not found in iphlpapi.dll, The module iphlpapi.dll was loaded but the entry point DLLRegisterServer was not found. Make sure it is a valid DLL or OCX file.
Causes to this error
(1) This system file is missing, damaged, or incompatible
(2) Registered file paths related to this dll are missing or damaged
Quick repair guide
(1) Repair issues related to this dll via System File Checker
A common cause to Iphlpapi.dll error - if something went wrong with that file as explained earlier a quick scan via your Windows System File checker tool (SFC) should resolve the problem.
If that wasn’t the problem:
(2) Detect other Iphlpapi.dll related errors
There’s probably a missing or corrupt registered file path(s) related to this dll that causes Windows to popup an error message. Use the following tool to track down the source of the error and fix it:
Scanning for incorrect dll registered file paths
(1) Download this Windows errors repair tool
(2) Run an in-depth errors scan
(3) Open the final errors report
(4) Has it detected any errors related to this dll?
(5) If so, use the tool to fix these errors
(6) Restart Windows